• THE ROSARY DRIVES THE DEVIL AWAY
• PRAYING THE ROSARY TO SERIOUSLY DO EVERYTHING TO MAKE OURSELVES BETTER PEOPLE BY INVOKING THE HELP OF JESUS AND MARY
• PRAYING THE ROSARY TO PILE UP TREASURES IN HEAVEN
BY ST LOUIS DE MONTFORT
Poor men and women who are sinners, I, a greater sinner than you, wish to give you this rose – a crimson one, because the Precious Blood of Our Lord has fallen upon it. Please God that it will bring true fragrance into your lives – but above all may it save you from the danger that you are in. Every day unbelievers and unrepentant sinners cry: “Let us crown ourselves with roses” (Wisdom 2:8). But our cry should be: “Let us crown ourselves with roses of the Most Holy Rosary.” How different are theirs from ours! Their roses are pleasures of the flesh, worldly honours and passing riches which wilt and decay in no time – but ours, which are the Our Father and Hail Mary which we have said devoutly over and over again and to which we have added good penitential acts, will never wilt or die and they will be just as exquisite thousands of years from now as they
PRAYING THE ROSARY ALLOWS YOU TO BECOME A NEW PERSON
On the contrary, sinners’ roses only look like roses, while in point of fact they are cruel thorns which prick them during life by giving them pangs of conscience, at their death they pierce them with bitter regret and, still worse, in eternity, they turn to burning shafts of anger and despair. But if our roses have thorns, they are the thorns of Jesus Christ Who changes them into roses. If our roses prick us, it is only for a short time – and only in order to cure the illness of sin and to save our souls.
CROWNS IN HEAVEN
So by all means we should eagerly crown ourselves with these roses from heaven, and recite the entire Rosary every day, that is to say three Rosaries each of five decades which are like three little wreaths or crowns of flowers: and there are two reasons for doing this:
• First of all to honour the three crowns of Jesus and Mary – Jesus’ crown of grace at the time of His incarnation, His crown of thorns during His passion and His crown of glory in heaven, and of course the three-fold crown which the Most Blessed Trinity gave Mary in heaven.
• Secondly, we should do this so that we ourselves may receive three crowns from Jesus and Mary. The first is a crown of merit during our lifetime, the second, a crown of peace at our death, and the third, a crown of glory in heaven. If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins “you shall receive a never fading crown of glory.”
MOST HARDENED SINNERS CAN GET REFORMED AND SAVED
Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practise black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and save your soul, if – and mark well what I say – if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for your sins.