Father of Creation and Ruler of all,
grant the supplications of those who gather in your name.
Hear us as we lift up to you all we seek in prayer.
R. Let the words of my mouth
and the meditations of my heart
be acceptable in your sight, O Lord.
1. We pray for the canonisation of Blessed Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi; that God in His mercy will raise him to sainthood. (R.)
2. We pray for our Holy Father, Pope Francis, all the Bishops, priests and religious; that God may continue to guide them as they minister to His people. (R.)
3. We pray for the Government of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the Government of Nigeria led by Goodluck Jonathan and all world leaders; that through their leadership and with the help of God, peace and justice will reign. (R.)
4. We thank God for the many people who have received God’s favour through the intercession of Blessed Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi. We pray that through the sacrifice of the Mass and his intercession, our individual needs may be met. (R.)
5. We pray for God’s blessings and favours on all the Nigerian Communities in England and Wales and all who promote the Cause of Blessed Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi; that they may receive the grace of holiness and success in all their endeavours. (R.)
Let us pray. Hear, O Lord, the entreaty of your people made under the
patronage of Blessed Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi,
who, through his Monastic Life of resignation to the will of
God showed your people the way to you.
Grant that they may rejoice in this present life,
and find help for life – eternal life.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ.
– From the Mass in Thanksgiving on the feast of Blessed Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi, St George’s Cathedral, London, UK, hosted by the Nigerian Chaplaincy (booklet).