• “‘Who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves?’ (Luke 22:27)
• ‘Through the sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation the faithful are ‘consecrated to be… a royal priesthood’ (CCC 1546)
• St Thomas Becket is the Patron saint of English priests. They are blessed because of this and stand on the broad shoulders of this manly and courageous saint. His murder in Canterbury cathedral was witnessed first hand. Like St Stephen, with blood streaming down his face he prayed, ‘Into thy hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit.’ His last words as he lay dying were, ‘For the name of Jesus and the protection of the Church I am ready to embrace death.’ We pray for our clergy that they would know a renewal of their grace of ordination and dedicate their lives in a new way to the building of the kingdom of heaven.
• St Thomas Becket, pray for us. St Thomas Becket, pray for our priests and give them strength to live out their holy vocation.
• Our Father…, Ten Hail Mary…, Glory be…
• Today my prayer is for…”
– From the Resource for the Year of Faith 2012 by Alive Publishing. To view and order their publications, please visit http://www.alivepublishing.co.uk (external link).